A beginner skateboard lesson at Charlton Park Skatepark where you’ll learn:
- How to put your pads (safety first!)
- How to stand on your skateboard
- How to push
- How to control your speed
- Controlled falling.
- Riding up and down flat banks and quarter pipes
- Pumping (keeping your speed up)
- Kick turns
- Riding fakie (backwards)
- Dropping off kerbs
- Dropping in the quarter pipe.
When you’ve learned these basic skills you can join the progressing riders class.
Our skateboard instructors are fully insured and enhanced DBS checked.
Where is Charlton park skatepark?
Use the park gate at the top of Charlton Lane, or use car park entrance at Charlton Park Road/Cemetery Lane. The skatepark is behind the toilet block.
What should we wear for our beginner skateboard lesson?
Please wear skate shoes or soft-soled shoes, and clothes you don’t mind getting a little scuffed or dusty..