A beginner skateboard lesson at Charlton Park Skatepark where you’ll learn:
- How to put your pads on (safety first!)
- How to stand on your skateboard
- How to push
- How to control your speed
- Controlled falling.
Moving on to:
- Riding up and down flat banks and quarter pipes on your board
- Pumping (keeping your speed up)
- Kick turns
- Riding fakie (backwards)
- Dropping off kerbs
- Dropping in the quarter pipe
When you’ve learned to drop in the quarter pipe you can join the progressing riders class.
Skateboard Instructors are fully insured and enhanced DBS checked.
Where is Charlton Park skatepark?
Use the park gate at the top of Charlton Lane, or use (tiny) car park entrance on Charlton Park Road near Cemetery Lane junction to park and walk west across park. The skatepark is behind the toilet block.
What should we wear for our beginner skateboard lesson?
Please wear skate shoes or soft-soled shoes, and clothes you don’t mind getting a little scuffed or dusty..