By booking with schoolofskate.co.uk you understand and agree to the following conditions:
- If booking for a minor, you are a parent/guardian of that minor.
- Appropriate safety protection to be worn at all times during lessons. Helmet, Elbow Pads, Wrist Guards, and Knee Pads.
- You recognise the risk of injury involved in the activity and that you participate and enter the skatepark at your own risk.
- Appropriate footwear should be worn at all times.
- Always skate within your own ability.
- No ‘snaking’, always wait your turn.
- Only one rider on each obstacle at any time.
- Always check your equipment is fit for purpose before entering the park. Staff members may also check equipment.
- All possessions to be kept off skatepark area. Bags etc.
- Respect other skatepark users and staff.
- Only enter the skatepark if you are fit and healthy enough to carry out your intended sport.
- Bullying or violence of any kind is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.
- You are responsible for your own possessions & equipment at the skatepark.
- Images taken whilst students are under instruction are copyright of School of Skate Ltd and may not be used for commercial purposes without express permission of the Company Directors.
- You are happy for us to take images of yourself/the student. Please contact us if you do not want images shared.
- With the exception of Skate Camp, you will not leave your child with the member of staff without obtaining agreement first, and informing the coach where you will be, and how you can be contacted.
Notice, postponements & cancellations
If we have to cancel your lesson and you cannot attend a later date we can refund the full amount to your card, inclusive of the payment gateway fee.
If you have changed your mind and want to cancel your lesson we can refund the amount minus the payment gateway fee of 1.5% + 20p. You can find out more about the gateway fee here.
- At least 24 hours notice is required if you want to change your booking. You can make changes in your booking account. A credit note will be offered to the value of your booking. If less than 24 hours notice is given we cannot guarantee a credit note as there is no guarantee we can fill the space.
- You will be given at least 1 hours notice if the group lesson cannot go ahead due to poor weather
- If rain stops prevents the lesson from continuing:
- less than 30 minutes into the lesson, you will be given a credit note to the value of your booking
- more than 30 minutes into the lesson, no replacement lesson will be offered
- If the skatepark is wet and there is a safe place to continue learning, a wet weather programme will be followed.
- Service Level Agreement – Coaches will respond to messages within 24 hours
- At least 2 hours notice is required to change a private lesson booking. After this timeframe it is down to the coach’s discretion as to whether they will either honour the booking at another time without charge, or, if they have travelled to the location, at a 50% discount. They are not obliged to do either.
- In the event of a no show with no contact, the coach will wait 15 mins before they leave. No refund will be due.
- If a coach does not provide 2 hours notice of a change of plan, you will receive a 50% discount refunded to your account to recompense you for your time and the coach will honour the booking at another time.